Sunday, January 3, 2010

First LSD of the Year

The past two weeks has been a good running week for me as I was able to consistently build up mileage comfortably. I took a one week rest from running prior the Christmas holiday to give my knee some rest and to recover from a month long injury. The week before Christmas, I was able to log in 26 km and was able to maintain an average pace of 6:30 km/min in some of my runs. This week, I just saw myself eager to run and was able to build up a total of 51km. It was crazy because I should have been increasing my mileage by 10% every week in order to have a gradual build up and to avoid any injury, however I was able to build 29km on my weekday run already and there’s a scheduled long run form me on a Saturday where I planned to do a 15k run.

The day before the LSD run, I got a text from Junrox that He and Alfred was planning to do a long run and invited me to join them. I immediately said yes since we are all from Sta. Rosa, Laguna and I am running the same route anyway. But I knew that I will be tempted to run longer, which I did. We met up 6am in Paseo Sta Rosa, and had a 2km head start since I ran from my house to Paseo. Junrox arrived and we did a 1km warm up while waiting for Alfred. As soon as Alfred arrived, we decided what route we will use since there are a lot of options in the area. We decided to do this route: Paseo – Nuvali – Paseo – Westgrove - Sta Rosa Village (my stop), then they proceeded to the Lasalle Canlubang then back to paseo to complete their course. It was a good run, a lot to talk about, and they also discussed on how they plan to do their strategies in the Ultramarathon. The two have a good teamwork, and obviously they will be helping each other out in the race.

We had our pit stop at Junrox’s house which was km 16 for me. We replenished and got hydrated and took some pretzels and banana. At this point I exceeded my quota already and was done for the day, but I still have less than 2km from Junrox’s house to mine so I would end at 18km. As soon as we arrive the gate of our village, I decided to continue since I can still do some more so off we went. At km 19, I decided to stop and did not risk my knee to run an extra 1km uphill, I waited for them to go down. On the way down, I started running again and completed my first run of the year at 22km. This also concludes my run for the week giving me a total of 51km. Next week would be my 3rd week of continuous training, I hope from here on I can consistently do my training since I have been stucked with a two week training then stop on the 3rd week to heal an injury.

Some photos from our LSD courtesy of Junrox.

With Junrox at km 12.
With Alfred at km 15.


With Alfred and Junrox at km 22.




No comments:

Post a Comment