I have been preparing for this event hoping to get a new PR for my half marathon. I was hoping to run the 42km but since I just recovered from an injury, I did not risk it and instead trained for a 21km. It was full determination and excitement that pushed me to take on the challenge and focused on meeting my target time which was 2:15, I finished the race at 2:18:31 (official time). I was practically running at an average pace of 6 min/km in my first 10km which lead me to another PR hitting it in 61 minutes.
2. Cheering squad and bands playing at designated area to cheer the runners.
3. Sufficient water stations.
5. Portalets were situated in designated area as well.
6. Different finish line for 3k/5k and 10/21/42k
2. Medals were not available to some runners . Refer to Condura’s announcement here.
3. Long waiting time at the 10km finish since runners were queuing at the end of the strip.
4. Distance was excess of 700m (at least from my garmin).
5. Results were not accurate, some were timed later, while others were earlier. Hope a timing chip can be included in Condura 2011.
It was a successful event, hopefully next year's event will address some of the areas for improvements that were raised also by other bloggers/runners. Next year would definitely something to look forward to. Meanwhile, back to training for other events.Gone Running Club with Junrox (Tigerboy)
With Val who gave me a push in the last 2km. Thanks man!
With Junrox discussing his new full marathon PR (3:40!) and giving some tips on how to improve my running.
With Bald Runner, met him at the finish line.
With Natz (I2runner) and his friends. You were fast natz! Great Run!
With Mike, finishing his first 21km. Congratulations!
Welcoming Jay at the finish line. He was late by 23 minutes at starting line but still managed to finish strong.
Jay discussing his skyway experience.
Another group photo.