When was the last time that you missed an opportunity because you have doubted yourself whether you can or cannot do it. Are you now wondering what could have happened if you have at least tried and believed in yourself? Surely there was a moment that you doubted whether you can finish a 10k run, a half marathon, a full marathon, climbing a 10km uphill using your bike, or even taking a bigger responsibility in your work. And because you don’t have the confidence to do it, you let those precious opportunities pass.
Being a pessimist sometimes manifest in what you do or say without you noticing it. And at times it attracts negative vibes that affects your surroundings. You rarely smile, you are restless, stressed out, and always in a bad mood. You end up feeling sad, lonely, incompetent, and inefficient. There could have been an event were you have failed and that made you more insecure or doubtful of your capabilities. What is worst is that it gets in your head and you see yourself struggling to get out of that nightmare. It becomes a hindrance to your success. Picking yourself up from a fall is the only way to do and start all over again.
In most instances, you hear encouragement from among your friends, relatives, and people close to you. At times, you end up NOT listening because you think that you are not like them, and not everyone is capable of doing what others can do. You also say that it is easier said than done. These are sometimes the common reasons of people who have a very low self esteem. But really, we can only say that it is easier said than done, if we actually start trying it, otherwise you will never really know.
Attitude plays an important role in being positive. We all have the power to choose in every thing that we do. We can opt to stay happy, determined, confident, secured, and enjoy a happy and fruitful life, or the exact opposite. If you have a positive attitude, you will have an open mind and better control of yourself. If you can conquer a 10km run, a full marathon, and an exhaustive work out, then everything that you do becomes easy as you know how to deal with the struggle and pain of it.
Here are some things that can help us in staying/being positive;
1. Set your goals – important to have one as this drives you to become your best. Everything you do is aligned in achieving it.
2. Stay happy – a happy attitude sometimes change the way we handle challenges and obstacles.
3. Be prepared – in most cases, battles are won when you are prepared. You are equipped and in control of the situation. You can easily find solutions to obstacles and outright decision can be made. This help boost your confidence.
4. Understand your weakness – learn to face your weakness and find a way to overcome it. Believe that you will and can change it.
5. Lose weight – a healthy and lean body builds up confidence.
6. Stay away from negative environment – this is very contagious, stay with positive people and learn to influence others.
7. Project a positive aura – It has to manifest in you, always have that “can do” attitude.
8. Keep it cool, listen, and take action.
9. Learn to motivate self and other people.
10. Start running! – you will be surprised of how it changes your perspective.
“Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” ~Francesca Reigler